[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ovens.

>>Ovens force you to keep a very restrictive tube configuration. Fine if you are doing a lot of similar production but not for a onesy-twosey custom neon operation.
> Jeff<<

I've been mulling this over in the back of my head for years now, and I think you could make a
flexible configuration if you were doing anything that different.

With liberal use of fiberfrax and cement board you could make almost any shape and return the
oven to a more normal shape after you were done.  It's all moveable and flexible, and it isn't as
if you need to have the ultimately efficient design in the Universe for a temporary solution.  If
you were doing a lot of large pieces then it seems you would need a permanent large oven but the
end justifies the equipment in this case as I see it.  A

lso remember there is a limit to size and shape on a HV Bombarder as well, in fact I can see some
large and complex 3D shapes being much easier to pump in an oven.

BB