[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ovens.

At 03:14 PM 3/25/96 -0800, you wrote:
>        Well, after a lot of thought I've pretty much decided to go with
>oven pumping everything in my little personal shop as opposed to putting
>in a bombarder (at least at first).
>        ALSO: has anybody on the list built their own oven?  I've been
>thinking about it, and it seems it should be easier than building something
>like a ceramic kiln because I don't really see the need for brick in an
>oven being used for oven pumping.  Heavy sheet metal walls with some
>kind of high-temp insulating blanket on the inside should do it, yes?
>Any recommendations on what kind of blanket to use, what kind of elements
>to use, where to get this stuff, etc.?<

I'm also interested in oven pumping, mainly I need a source for the
RF heaters (inductive?) for heating the 'trodes...  I talked to
Tech2000 and they didn't have any info (I had heard that they made
them)...Can anyone help?

On oven pumping & ovens.  You can make a nice oven with a high temp
insulating material called "FiberFrax".  It is synthetic Carborndum
fiber & is fairly safe although there are some new handling precautions
when using it.  Check in your local phone Company's directory under
"Refractories" (like for industrial furnaces).  A source for elements
hardware and other bits of fiberfrax kiln/oven knowledge is glass
artist Dudley Giberson, Joppa Glassworks (603) 456-3569, PO Box 202
Warner, NH 03278.  Drop him a line or give him a call....He's one
of those priceless people in glass art that shares every shred of knowledge
he has....Tell him I sent you!....

Regards to all!

/\/\ike Roesch
Belvoir Studios