[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Standards for the Neon Industry

Dear Morgan,
Here in Europe we have the possibility to certify a neonshop. There are several
certificates as there are
ISO 9000, ISO 9001 and ISO 9002. Most common is ISO 9001. This one concerns only
the technical aspects of the product you produce and the used technique. We can
do some research for you to see if these standards means yours, or if you can
use them as certified standards for the US. Another thing you can try is to see
if you can get the English standard brought out by the BSA. (British Sign
Association). These rules are very strickt and comprehensive covering the
complete sign branche. The BSA is controlling his members two times a year in a
recent project they deliverd by controlling the rules (laws) they (BSA)
produced.
For me I think that's a good system open for every signmaker. Therefore members
of the BSA are a standard for quality, like the ISO certificate is for the
continent of Europe.
Best from arturo de carlo (Italian signmaker in Holland)