[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New Subscriber/ Business Perspective

Greetings Neon Pro's !
I am a business development consultant heavily involved with a neon shop in
the Pacific Northwest. I am impressed with the free dialogue in this forum. I
have been monitoring the communication traffic for about a week now and have
learned quite a lot from just reading my mail.
I am a firm believer in open communication and open discussion of all aspects
of the business. It is interesting to note the most successful businesses
rarely feel threatened by new players in a competitive market.
I am an engineer (electrical) by profession and have acquired a MBA over the
years. Like Jeff Golin at Neon Express, I have decided to strike out on my
own and work with small businesses to grow their business in a PROFITABLE
way. Yes... in many ways, the business process is tedious and often boring...
However, being the chronic preacher of business practices I must be if I am
to make a living a business consulting, a balance must be struck between
excellence in the craft and excellence in business practices.
I could go on for hours on how to handle the "giving it away" comment I have
seen in a number of the messages I have read this past week....  my answer
for now is "build it and they will come" is not good enough any more........
Testing my first smiley face :-)
THE ULTIMATE BOMBARDING SETUP CHALLENGE
As a first topic of discussion, I would like to put together the ultimate
bombarding facility for the small neon shop wanting to aggressively enter the
wholesale neon business. Lets say that we are building the
"money-is-no-object", wow the experienced neon craftspeople, and is the
state-of-the-art technology..... Any input?