[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

I saved my intro for some reason, so here it is for the archive.

Brief (more or less) intro as required by the neon list:

My name is Frank Varnell. In real life I am an embedded software
engineer for a networking and embedded tools company. In my past
I recieved a degree in Electrical Engineering while also studying
music. I spent some time doing hardware design and test engineering
before persuing software.

My creative alter ego is satisfied by my involvement with the
Craft Center on the University of California at San Diego campus
where I teach begining neon bending.
At the Crafts Center (aka Grove Gas and Light) we teach basic
neon fundamentals at a very reasonable price and have a lot of
fun and consume and brew  malt beverages. We also sponser artist
workshops and shows. We have had three major neon shows in the
Grove Gallery and recently had single electrode workshops from
Chuck Sweet and David Svenson.

I am thrilled to see this list and the neon Web pages out there. Sharing
information can only advance and help both the sign industry and the art
world. Maybe Ted and Val will get the NEON NEWs on the net!

My interests in neon are varied but tend toward the technical, including
animation. What good is it if it don't BLINK!
I hope to start a neon 'art only' web page soon but don't hold your breath.