[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: "Diffusion" pumps

On Sun, 19 Nov 1995, Al Hooton wrote:

>         Since we're on the topic, here's another question I've been
> thinking about as a newbie: what are the possible 'schematics' for hooking up
> a mechanical and diff/aspirator pump to the manifold?  It seems there
> would be three possibilities, depending on how each of the pumps is
> manufactured (beware: Really Bad Ascii Art follows).
>
> 1)  manifold ---------- mech. pump ---------- diff/aspirator
>
> 2)  manifold ---------- diff/aspirator ---------- mech. pump
>
>                         |------- mech. pump
> 3)  manifold -----------|
>                         |------- diff/aspirator

Al,  This may make sense to you but I believe that most diff pumps out
there like the one that Mark Snyder sold was hooked up as your diagram
number 2 is drawn. This is the way mine is hook up and it seems to work
very well.  Hope this helps...
Howie Cohen
Utica, NY

 >         It seems to me that #3
makes the most sense, but are the > others common, or used at all?