[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 'Virgin' grounds

On 5 Jan 1996, tmjdorr wrote:

> Speaking of ground circuits not supposed to be carrying any current except
> under fault conditions, in the computer biz, we're starting to see
> special 'isolated ground' duplex receptacles, where the ground pins on
> the outlet are isolated from the mounting ears (i.e. conduit ground).

I've seen those setups in a couple of theatres to isolate the sound power
ground. The isolated ground wire has usually been a pretty hefty
connector from sub panel back to the service entrance(something like #8
or #6).

Of course the minute someone clips that metal cased headset belt-pack to
the fly rail the hum can really start.

taine