[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: whatever floats your secondary

John asks "I still ask the question:  why not place a ground ahead of the
main cock
and circumvent this problem altogether?" Try this. With no grounding
electrode, when I close my main stopcock my manifold is completely isolated
from ground. This means I can pump just about any unit with no flashback
worries. With a grounding electrode you have something in place to flashback
to. I have been told that a "expert" in the field recommends a grid work of
thin tubing to increase resistance in front of the grounding electrode. I
feel this greatly reduces pumping speed and could be avoided by keeping
grounded parts away or isolated with stopcocks. I still think the design of
the bombarding transformer plays a major role. A midpoint grounded one should
want to flashback more than one with floating secondaries? Morgan, any
comments? David Ablon