[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bad Gas -test requirements!

>The only thing you need is a simple mass spectrometer,
>a small quadrupole will work, but i'm sorry not to have one.
>
>So to make an analysis might be just a question of minutes
>when you'll find somebody having a working (!) quadrupole(**).
>
>I would like to help out in experimenting, but ... who has a (**)????
>
>Keep it glowing! :-)
>
>Marcus Thielen
>student in the lab of experimental low temp physics
>University of Duisburg, Germany.

Wow, Just so happens that we just got a quadrupole mass spectrometer. Wayne
plans on using it for
one of his articles. (that nobody reads) :-)

BUT....

First, we have to read a 600page manual. I usually dont read manuals.
This time..yup.
Next, we have to build a test fixture capable of the vaccum necessary for
operating a MS. I don't think
we have all the parts necessary anyway. This could take a while.

Joe Mercurio
Strattman Design

I've always wondered what a twinkie outgasses.. But, since they never
decay....Hmmm....
Joe Mercurio
Strattman Design
http://kalypso.cybercom.net/~joe_mercurio/