[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bad Gas -test requirements!

First, let's say it's not so easy, but the price seems to me
very high for such analysis.
The only thing you need is a simple mass spectrometer,
a small quadrupole will work, but i'm sorry not to have one.
(Or is there anyboday having one as "scrap" for me?)
A good trapped diffusion pump will do the vacuum (need 1e-9torr).
You MUST separate the mercury by freezing out the tube before
cracking in the vacum vessel with the spectrometer, because
any mercury will poison the Mass spectrometer forever.....

So to make an analysis might be just a question of minutes
when you'll find somebody having a working (!) quadrupole(**).

I would like to help out in experimenting, but ... who has a (**)????

Keep it glowing! :-)

Marcus Thielen
student in the lab of experimental low temp physics
University of Duisburg, Germany.