[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Neon in Portugal

>Stephanie-
>
>Unless you know otherwise, the 'formers may just need to be reset by
>turning them on & off again or readjusting the footage pot.  I recently
>installed one of these that was fine in the shop, but once installed went
>out.  All it needed was minor adjustment and to be turned on/off to reset
>it.  It's been running fine since.  I would think that even a no-neon
>knowledge store owner could do this with instruction.
>
>For what it's worth.
>
>Tom U.
>Thanks Tom,

I did get in touch with the people at Bertonee and discussed all
possibilities with them. Resetting is definately very likely, unfortunately
this installation is on a huge globe of the earth that hangs inside a new
theater there.  The transformers are inside so not easy to get to. Beleive
me , I'm not the designer behind this project.  I'm concerned that they
could possibly be overheating and shutting down? They are within a 3'
diameter plastic sphere. There are three total transformers.  No real
ventilation except the holes where the gto hooks to the units.
Also, I think if there is any voltage irregularity that this could shut
them down. I gave instructions to put them on converters for their 220. I'm
sure they did this but just wonder if it can fluctuate any?  Ever had this
happen?  I'm fearing a trip to Portugal may be in my future.