[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- more Hg migration...

megavolt@io.com wrote:

> We talked about Hg migration with SS transformers serveral months ago.
>
> I installed a job about 6 months ago with a Bertonee 6000/30, lighting a
> single, 12' unit (a "State of Texas" outline).
>
> Well, the migration thing has happened - it's half-lit, and getting
> smaller every day.
>
> Question:  Bertonee told me to swap the HV leads, and 9 times out of 10
> this phenomenon will not re-occur (ever).  Has anyone done this with
> permanant success?  If there's a chance it will switch to the other
> side, I'd rather just put a different model on there and save the
> Bertonee for something neon.
>
> Thanks,,,    JOhn

Hi John,
I had something very similar to your situation happen to me.  I brought
the whole sign back to the shop and let the sign sit on the 15k 60ma
burn in transformer.  Hooked it back up (as I remember I did not change
the wire orientation) and its been in service since.  If the customer is
not that far from your shop, maybe you could try that first.

Howie Cohen
Just Neon