[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- more Hg migration...

> We talked about Hg migration with SS transformers serveral months ago.
>
> I installed a job about 6 months ago with a Bertonee 6000/30, lighting a
> single, 12' unit (a "State of Texas" outline).
>
> Well, the migration thing has happened - it's half-lit, and getting
> smaller every day.
>
> Question:  Bertonee told me to swap the HV leads, and 9 times out of 10
> this phenomenon will not re-occur (ever).  Has anyone done this with
> permanant success?  If there's a chance it will switch to the other

Dear John,
in my case: NO.
Had small units, 1 tube 60cm of 10mm ar/hg powered by the
RS12-S (Neon Tech, San Diego) got dim from one end after 2 or three months.

put it on the ageing table for two days, then completely ok again.

Reattatched the RS12-S with reversed lead and - again bullshit after 3 months.

As I told sometime in spring that I got problems with this cheap unit
anycase.

For most artistic objects, where space is not the rule, I use the
elletronica per luce mini 4015 with success for some years.
Even very long units (3.2 m of 6mm ar/hg) are completely lit.
You may try these, ask Dave A. for details.

Marcus