[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- more Hg migration...

megavolt@io.com wrote:

> We talked about Hg migration with SS transformers serveral months ago.

> Question:  Bertonee told me to swap the HV leads, and 9 times out of 10
> this phenomenon will not re-occur (ever).
> Thanks,,,    JOhn

Dear JOhn,
When it will not re-occur (ever) the statement shoult be 10 times out of
10. I am sure that you bought that missing one time transformer,
changing the HV leads will help for a longer period of time as the
saturated Hg electrode is sending now the Hg to the other side and that
takes more time, but the phenomenom will come back not sooner now, but
later.
Best from dirk.