[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- 2 2 3 Pump Setup

After re-reading all the posts again I have decided to rename this subject to what it is.
Two to Three Pump Setup. There are a total of three pumps being used here. One 210
l/s direct drive as a roughing pump seperated from the filling body of the manifold via a
stopcock. The secondary part of the manifold is where the filling gasses, monometer
and hastings meter are located. This part of the manifold has only been introduced to
inert gas and contaminents from the bombed units after reaching 175*C. This
secondary half of the manifold also has a 210 l/s mechanical pump in addition to a
diffusion pump. I don't know if that will alter the method or time of switching from one
pump to the other but I think it will clear up what I think has been mis-understood. Of
course Dirk, I would prefer a Vacuum free of water vapour and hydrocarbons, that is why
I have been following the designers instructions. I will contact him next week and get
some more information.
Peace on Earth,
edezuzio