[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- 2 2 3 Pump Setup

edezuzio@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> After re-reading all the posts again I have decided to rename this subject to what it is.
 One 210
> l/s direct drive as a roughing pump seperated from the filling body of the manifold via a
> stopcock.

 This
> secondary half of the manifold also has a 210 l/s mechanical pump in addition to a
> diffusion pump.
 I will contact him next week and get
> some more information.

Hi Edward,
Yes contact the guy and ask if you realy have two 210 l/s pumps, as I
cannot beleve that.
Nearly impossible. I looked it up in the Leybold and Edwards catalogues.
Pumps of that capacity have a weight of 600 kgs (about 1350 lbs) and the
motor have a power of 15,000 watt. An average mechanical pump have an
average pumping speed of 1 l/s and the electrical power then is about
0.5 BHP.

Best from dirk.