[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- 20 ft of 13 clear?

Hello all!
I had a unique experience this weekend that I would like to share with
you.  I was called to a local muffler shop  (Cole Muffler) and had to
fix the letter "e" in "Cole".  I couldn't believe that it was all one
piece of glass.  I barely got it down and to my shop in one piece.  It
measured just under 20 feet.  I believe that this was the first time I
repaired a single unit with that much footage.

I repaired the unit with new electrodes and then begain the pumping
process.  It really was a battle.  The pumping pressure had to be so low
so that I wouldn't get arcing between the double backs. Beads of sweat
were rolling off my brow.  I had a hard time bringing the electrodes up
to temp.  One of the trodes was a dark metallic looking collor
indicating that the temp was not high enough.  I doubt I could have
pumped at a higher pressure.

Any suggestions that I could use for the next time?  Have any of you had
this happen to you?  We are talking 20ft.  Why would someone design a
channel letter with one unit like this?  I was actually thinking for a
minute to break the tube and make two units out of it.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Howie Cohen
Just Neon