[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- 20 ft of 13 clear?

Howard:

At all costs - break up the unit.  If it was inside an enclosed channel letter,
the intermediate connecttion could have been made with electrobits ot Masters
boots and gto in sleaving.

I heard a lot of talk about maintaining the arc, but ultimate vaccuum is just as
important.  In the high vaccuum range, air molecules are so disersed that the
air flow becomes laminar.  This means that every collision with a tube wall
works to resist evacuation.  It is hard enough to evacuate an 8' tube before the
glass cools - I don't believe a 20' could be properly evacuatedon most if not
all systems available today.

Tim
cent@interserv.com