[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Slow Curves

Tom Biebel wrote:

> Tom,
>
> I also agree with Morgan and Kenny about not overheating. Work as cool
> as possible to get a soft and smooth bend. I like to teach to bend cool
> and splice hot. One trick I use that I learned out of necessity with
> some of the very fast cooling glasses like the rare Germans and even
> worse the Taiwanese glasses is to put some small weights (I use 2 and a
> half circular barbell weights) on the edge of the last part of the curve
> that was on the pattern as a reference. Then what you do is heat up the
> next part and simply "click" the tube in place against the weight stops
> to find where you should be on the pattern. I know it isn't easy to
> describe and if you still don't understand I will try to simplify. The
> point is that because you aren't' heating as much the glass will get to
> the stiff phase much quicker so I have this system to help me locate
> where the bend should be on the pattern. I can keep my eye on the part
> to be bent without being distracted by the alignment problem. One other
> tip about the weights, I used to use plumbers lead before I wised up.
> steel or iron works just as good and is certainly safer.

Hi Tom,
for moths we did not hear anytibg from you.but Tom B is back, and in a
way this list only can dream off. Nice reply TOM. When you beat me in
the 3 rails I will eat my own cock with pleassure as then you arre my
master! and I mean that.
Look what's happening to this list. It's graet and I asked our sherrif
JOhn A to arrange a meeting to met us all during during the sign
exibition in VEGAS. We a;; can vistit the same hotel, but JOhn A will
come back to us in a way he can do much more better thenI can do! (JOHN,
PLEASE?)
Best from dirk.