[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Slow Curves

On 11/26/96 20:16:10 you wrote:

>Tom U wrote:
>>
>> Was struggling with the elementals today.
>>
>> I had a dead border to make that was about 15 feet long, in several
>> sections, to go over a brick oven that was a very slow curve.  And, they
>> wanted it 7mm which seemed to make it ever more challenging.
>>
>> Any tips on bending slow, and I mean slow, curves with smaller diameters?
>> This seemed to present me with a whole 'nother challenge.
>>
>> Tom U.

I would try bombing and bending at the same time. A 7mm tube will want to
naturally sag in the center if the ends are propred up. Perhaps bomb it with larger
MA trodes for the heat produced will bend the tube and then bomb it a second time
with the trodes required for the job. Be certain your splices are consistant in wall
thickness or you will have a pivot point...This should work though...
Peace.