[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Slow Curves

        Dirk,

At 08:16 PM 11/26/96 +0100, dirk wrote:
>Hi Tom,
>We always bend these slow curves in the annealing oven. Works perfect.
>Put in the to bend tubing, make with some brickstones the desired radius
>heat on the oven, let cool down and there they are perfect curves in the
>correct radius.
<snip>
>Best regardss from dirk PFFFFTTTTT.

        Since *sometime* I'll get my oven built, I find this interesting.
How do you stack up the bricks so the tube doesn't get kinks in it
where it slumps over the corner of a brick?  I would expect the tube to
be "too straight" between the bricks, and then "too bent" where
it passes over a brick, but this must not happen when you do it.
What's the trick?

        Thanks!

        (Hey: is "PFFFFTTTTT" the same when translated?   8^)=    )

|...most of the success enjoyed by Microsoft and other  | Al Hooton           |
| FutureBusinesses has [only] come from surviving the   | al@teleport.com (hm)|
| dog eat cyberdog jungle...This may be obvious to the  | al@young-roehr.com  |
| stock market investor, but us geeks tend to think the |    (wk)             |
| computer industry is going somewhere in particular.   | 503.591.7324 hm     |
|                     - Ted Lewis                       | 503.591.7955 hm fax |