[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- Re: $200 induction heater

Dear John and Morgan,
really can't believe that this is heavy-duty stuff and will withstand
commercial daily use for months or years.

Morgan, you're asking why Dirk's has been so expensive:
In the old world (Germany as well as in the Netherlands) all,
I repeat ALL, high frequency equipment using more than 30 kc
MUST be approved by the national postal commision, like the FCC in the U.S.

This label is so expensive, or the companies make a lot of money out of it.
This was the reason why I was asking for experience in using
ham radio equipment for external bombarding. As ham radio operator, nothing
has to be approved and you may use it, everything is experimental...

Thus nobody has tried it yet, I will do as soon as I have put my moving
chaos at home slightly back into usable state. I'll report here on this.

Marcus

> I'm using one of these induction heaters.  It may not be the best but it's
> cheap (Dirk, how much did you pay for that one you have?  Not  less than
> $200 US)
> Tip: get them to make it with jacks and a second coil; if you are doing
> something with 2 electrodes, it lets you seal one on over the tubulated end,
> and then have the 2nd for the non tubulated end.
>
> Morgan

> >I have their most current "Amazing & Facinating Devices" catalog.  They
> >show the following for inductions heaters:
> >
> >   IND1     plans:  10.00     kit+plans:    99.50
> >   COIL1 (optional wound coil)              29.50
> >   IND30 (higher power, ready to use)      199.50
> >
> >On the page opposite the "Anti Gravity" devices. <g>
> >
> >Their current "NEON" catalog lists an "Induction Heater" for 149.50, but
> >they don't give a part number.  Don't know how it compares with the
> >above units.
> >
> >  -John

Follow-Ups: References: