[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: $200 induction heater

> Dear John and Morgan,
> really can't believe that this is heavy-duty stuff and will withstand
> commercial daily use for months or years.
>
> Morgan, you're asking why Dirk's has been so expensive:
> In the old world (Germany as well as in the Netherlands) all,
> I repeat ALL, high frequency equipment using more than 30 kc
> MUST be approved by the national postal commision, like the FCC in the U.S.

I've wondered how they could make one for that price.  It must be line
frequency?

If you used a HAM amplifier or transmitter you could conceivably get
into the 20 mhz range.  Would you just modulate a carrier and use an
antenna tuner to match the coil to the unit?

The motor-generator type also seems buildable - perhaps just modifying
the armature - does anyone know if this would be feasable?

 -John