[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: ...tube life...

edezuzio@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> On 09/30/96 14:29:32 you wrote:
> SNIP
> >Dear Tom W,
> >We don't have that pfeneomenom overhere in Europe as we always (okay not
> >every neonshop or installer) is installing the corresponding secundary current
> >in relation to the tube diameter. Can you tell me why a 30 mA transformer can
> >be installed to 15 mm tubing as well to 8 mm tubing?
> >Don't give me the "we always do it answer" or think about the way
> >plumbers choose different copperpipe diameters for different criteria.
> >
> >Bset from dirk a. boonstra
> >

> I have asked that question many times to supliers in the area. It is just easier for them to keep an inventory of
> one type of the many transformers. Unlike your shop Dirk many supliers don't specialize in 'only neon'.  However,
> one supplier has told me that if I could promise the purchase of "x" amount of transformers per year he would
> stock them for me. I would like to see a change in the common WF or window frame styles to be stocked in
> 20ma instead of 30ma. I DO think tube life, not neccessarily an increase, would be affected. I think there are
> more reasons not to load a 8 thru 10mm tube on 30ma than there are reasons to load it on 20ma.
> Peace

Dear Edward,
First of all I must say that daddy id very proud of you,
and reading your reply I noticed that your stay in Sealand
(while visiting class in Delft) was not for nothing, as
it was for free.
Good boy. Well said, and I sure hope that a few American
benders will react. On the other hand I must say that I
strongly have the feeling that you will be the only one.
The "who cares" mentality is became part of your culture and not
visiting the OLd World absorbing new technologies or other
ideas of what's decent or elegant will not change the long
termed additude of old fashioned traditions, like the 30 mA
uniform transformer. My goodness, we have transformers, and
they are stocked with three rates below (under) that most
uniform used 30 mA one. We use 10, 13/15 an 18 mA as a standard
as well, in the complete range from 1 kV to 8 kV. Only the 10
and 13/15 mA have a maximum voltage of 6 kV because of the thin
wires and the risc for arcing through the coil to the coil.
Will you be please so polite to tell me which
manufacturer was thinking that you with your small shop
could order (and therefore sell) the XXXX (four Xsss) amount
of transformers. I think these guys are destroying their own
market and make the market ready for manufacturers from abroad
who are interested to seel on your own market. What we see then is
that they are crying big crocodile tears asking the coverment for
a protection while only these ones should be the ones to blame.
If someone is interested  in a car with an engine which can convert
only 25 % of the petrol into a mechanocal power buy an American car,
but if you want to convert over 40 % of the petrol into a mechanical
power, what must or should you buy?
Best regards to you all, wished to you from
dirk a. boonstra.