[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re:legal rubber boots

>	Had this problem several times.  The Masters install manual recommends a
>shot of severe duty silicone spray.  It seems to work well.

Which, in fact keeps installation times long and enervating for use of these.
Also the problem exists that they do not fit all electrode sizes, and are
very expensive. In my actual practice, which may not be UL, but it certainly
works, I have been using silicone end caps on double backs where in fact
there is enough air surrounding it to insulate it anyway but the boot keeps
me from getting shocked. As I have pointed out earlier, my first concern
above all is to avoid any fires or risk of fires, and that I have done. If I
can do that and use the code to do it, then I will. If someone comes along
with something equally practical in a better material than silicone, I will
use it.
Jeff Golin