[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- Re: rubber boots - followup

> Sorry if this subject is getting boring to everyone - but it's important
> that the wrong impression not be left with everyone.  Herb called me this
> AM at 9:00. He had already been in contact with CSA officials, reamed the
> one guy a new poopy, so he's now ready to officially tell the truth about
> Masters Tech products.  John, if you would, call the same guy again.  It
> seems that their files had not been made current since the first of the
> year.  At least that is their excuse.  The Masters Tech products are all
> legal for exterior, WET,

I talked to Lee Rodgers again today.  He is discussin with Herb (at
Masters) and the engineer who actually did the testing on Masters boots,
to give a more "official" response to this in a week or so.  I'll let
you know what he says.

He did stress, that as of today (Thursday):  he's standing by his
original statement that the Master' boots have not been evaluated for
outside, exposed to the weather use.

I also called UL again today, and am working with an engineer in _their_
Lighting Products division.  Should hear something from them next week
too about plastic boots outside.  With UL, I'm inquiring about ANY
plastic boots, not just the Masters - so mabye we can get a sense of
where these products fall in the listing game.  I talked with them
(again) about Masters, but I'm going to wait until I get their followup
to elaborate.

If there's one thing I've learned this week, it's that the listing game
is complicated.  Lot's of exceptions, side-notes, and/if's, etc.

I hope too that everyone sees this as a quest for clarification, not as
a vendetta against Master's or Electrobits (both of who's products I've
used).

     -John