[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- Re: legal rubber boots

>the test puts the Masters Tech products in an oven for concentrated
>tests at 125C for 168 hours straight with no cooling off.  They are
>frozen at -25C for 4 hours, while being crushed in half, and then the
>clamp that is crushing them is taken off and the product is checked for
>cracks inside and outside.  They are also subjected to ozone for 6
>hours.
>
> Herb will send whatever info anyone wants.  If a local jurisdiction
> refuses his products, he WILL fight them and prove their legality.
>
> Hope this helped the confusing issue.  Again, any questions, call Herb.
> Gary Nutting Neon Products of Phoenix

Thanks Gary,

I guess CSA is really the one to call, if they're the ones who have
approved the outdoor, wet, exposed to the weather.  I'll try and contact
them on this week.

UL seemed to draw a distinction between "wet" and "outdoor."  I'm fairly
certain they told me Masters were listed for "wet."  But they said
outdoor is different: the UV and Ozone tests are much harsher for
outdoor products.  Again, this is UL's words, not CSA.

Herb is sending me an "installation guide" packet.

I still urge anyone interested to check out Electrobits web pages on
using their products outdoors.  Specifically:

      http://WWW.CAM.ORG/~bits/pi_outdoorske.html
      http://WWW.CAM.ORG/~bits/pi_outline.html

These are titled "Outdoor Exposed Neon" and "Outdoor
Border/Architectural"  but if you read the fine print (on this "outdoor"
page), it says "Indoor Only".

Gary, I'm glad we're discussing this and I hope it's not construed by
anyone as a war.  I hope we probe it further, as it applies to so many
applications we all use.

  -John

Follow-Ups: References: