[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- single trode xfrmr

> > Marcus, I have been using Stratman's for a couple of years and
> > have been very happy. He has a website somewhere (linked on
> > Kenny's site?); but you can phone him at 617-266-8821. I have also

If he has a website, I don't have the info.

> > used the Scientific Systems version and prefer Waynes. If you have
> > a problem with getting them, post me. Morgan
>
> Oh yeah, I forgot about Wayne's. I don't think he pushes them
> but I tried two of them. One of them I blew up and the other
> I gave to Telford. Anyway, they are very powerful and too
> much for some of my smaller things, just right for others. If you
> use too much xformer on sigle ended pieces you get a lot of ozone.

If you use a hv capacitor to ground on the "G" connection (if it
exists) of most scripting xfrmrs this will work - but this is NOT endorsed or
likely waranteed by the manufacturers.    They work on the exact
same principle.

Wayne's supply, though I haven't seen it is likely primarily for
his plasma globes which also generally employ a flyback circuit.

Kenny

Kenny Greenberg --  Neon - Scenic and Environmental Art
                    Internet Site Consultant and Author
KRYPTON NEON 34-43 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 11106
         Phone: 718-728-4450  Fax: 718-728-7206
http://www.neonshop.com  -  The Internet's Neon Shop
http://www.licweb.com  - The Long Island City Web