[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- Re: transformer loading

I'll add a question to this since my DMM is inadequate and don't have that high
voltage probe yet:

Steve: With your Fluke and high voltage probe, is there a mode where you can
        detect peak voltage? I would think this could be used instead of
	a o'scope to detect "overload" conditions where there are super high
	voltage spikes which in turn cause burn-out.
--

Also, to anwser John's question: No you can't use the high votlage probe to
measure current. There is like a gazillion ohm resistance in it.

/========================================\
|      Frank Varnell                     |
| personal email : fvarnell@sd.znet.com  |
| work email:	frank@xlnt.com           |
| work phone: 619-487-9320               |

Reply from dirk.
We use together with our fluke the YB 101 amp pliers. I don't think that
this a correct English word, but I cannot do better. You know it is that
clip on (over) device to pick up induction. Using this device it is not
neccessary to unscrew two neonunits in the middle of a transformer section.

Best regards from a sunny southern Holland.