[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- Re: transformer loading

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From:	Ted Pirsig, INTERNET:pirsig@gol.com
TO:	(unknown), INTERNET:NEON-L@LISTS.IO.COM
DATE:	8/17/96 10:32 PM

RE:	NEON- Re: transformer loading

Sender: owner-neon-l@lists.io.com
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 10:40:58 +0900 (JST)
To: neon-l@lists.io.com
From: pirsig@gol.com (Ted Pirsig)
Subject: NEON- Re: transformer loading
Sender: owner-neon-l@io.com

Eric, Dirk, etc. --

Just to let you know that I've been learning a lot from the discussions on
transformer loading...I used to think I knew a lot about this...would the
ultimate check of an installed sign be with an oscilloscope on the HV?

-Ted

Reply from dirk,
Using an analogue true MRS mA meter and an analogue kV meter every sign
can be calibrated. When secundary cables are extremely long meassure the
primary current.The nominal current is always on the identification plate
and using long sec wires you see that the primary current is increasing
to much, overloading the primary coil. I only do the scope test with my
students or during lectures to make the under-overload together with the
spikes and the square wave visible and therefore more understandable for
newbies. (with excuses to tom, BTW jerry is still there joining the ducks)
Best regards from dirk a. boonstra