[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NEON- gas mixtures

We are currently in the middle of our winter and are experiencing some problems with the ends of some of our argon filled tubes not illuminating. The climate in Johannesburg, South Africa is temperate with temperatures going down to 0°C very seldom in winter. Average summer maximum temperatures are around 35°C.

My question relates to what is the preferred gas mixtures that you are all using. Do you use different ratio's of argon/neon depending on the application? and if you are using an argon/neon mixture, how does this effect the transformer loading as opposed to using either straight neon or argon.

Looking forward to your responses.

Regards

Gary Gordon
Neon Electro