[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- 1996 NEC

>It could be that the circuit you have been involved with recently had a or a
>few loose connections. I have

Well, in my jobs, I always use ENT, so it doesn't make a bit of difference
how long the wires are.
Jeff Golin>>>>
Reply from dirk,
Dear jeff, your above mentioned statement is not true.
Even when we us (or instal) non metal braided conduit the lengthe of the cable has
an influence to the neontransformer. The longer the secundairy cablelength is the
more we are changing the power factor of the transformer. The longer the cables
(whatever the type is) the more we change the power factor to a higher level.
When the power factor is changed to a too much high level the neontransfomer is
acting like a ordinary voltage transformer and that is exactly the opposite we
need for discharge tubing. Here is your cable burnout (together with transformer
burn out) again. The length of the cables is so limited and linear with the open
output voltage of the transformer especially when transfomer are installed with an
open output voltage higher then 8 kV. Even for a red discharge 8 kV is to high, so
we always install for a "red" sign here in the low lands a transformer with a maximum
output of 6 kV. As we are using for border tubing 19/20 mm diameter tubing we are able
to install as much footage of tubing as you can do with your 15 mm onto one transfomer.
So, what's the deal, if one wants to install an lot of footage to a transformers improve
your techniques and bend 20 mm instead of installing these rediculous turbo charged 15 kV
transformers with inbuild (after) burners as just these ones will always burn for more
then one reason. This is your problem. AAMOF iI truly think that even selling these
deadly components is a crime as noone can handle them for the reason of the length and
the capacitance of the used cables. It is not neccessary that one will reply to me telling
me that still one sign is operating properly when he installed a 15 kV transformer as I
only can reply with "your the lucky, or the lying one".
All neontransfomers are tested here in Rotterdam and open voltages above 9 kV are
unreliable as you cannot control them the way an installer wants. I tried them all and
over 9 kV they were all acting unreliable compared with the cable lenth you need to
calibrate a unit like that. I know, I know, tere are so many ways to wire a unit, don't
tell me. But what do we see in practive? The wiring is always done to the far end of the
section, and here we go again.

Unother story is: Tom U is doing extremely fine. We were visiting all decent neonshops
in The Netherlands and now Tom has more questions to ask then before he arrived.
Part of the deal was that I should escort Tom during his second week (first week he
worked in a neonshop in The Hague) to show him some interseted parts of The Netherlands.
Tom loves history, so it was not a big deal to take him along with me as he is always
listening to my explanations when we do a historical monument. Tomorrow we do one of
the biggest dikes we have and if Tom wants, he is allowed to do it, by his own. I already
showed him some famous dikes we have, at least the ones I know.
Tom was eating (together with the crew of the blaecker) for several times in a restourant,
but Tom is not eating red meat. So he always orderd the chicken- or the fish meals. Last
week I said to Tom that he should try that special ANorth Sea fish called a tongue. It is
a flat fish and the menu card is always telling you Tongue Fish (I think you call it a
Picasso as it iws always served with alle these mixed fruit) Tom asked me, what is so
special to that tongue fish and why should I try it. My simple reply was, try it, it is
the most tasty fish living in the North Sea we have and even my girlfriend loves it
more then I can say. Tom ordered the tongue fish and afterworth he said that I did not lye,
that fish is excellant.
Greetings to you all from a rainy Rotterdam, wished to you from
dirk a. boonstra