[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NEON- 1996 NEC

> >re: midpoint grounding.  I thought we pretty much had a consensus
> >that the short "hot" leads were a plus for a variety of reasons -
> >particularly if the ends of the run are far from the transformer.
> >
> >I don't know that it would make a bad job any better though -
> >perhaps a little safer.
> >

> I see, well it didn't make a nickel's worth of difference in the job
> I had to rebuild, they were just as fried as if they were long! Jeff

While  I'm reluctant to get very caught up in overworking this one,
the fact that the short leads were fried does not lead to the
conclusion that long hv leads are perfectly fine.  Neither does the
fact that you are using this method.

My statement did not mean to say that short leads would afford
protection against the results of a poor job.   I am saying that if I
could choose, I'd rather have a shorter range of potential
destruction.

Kenny

Kenny Greenberg --  Neon - Scenic and Environmental Art
                    Internet Site Consultant and Author
KRYPTON NEON 34-43 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 11106
         Phone: 718-728-4450  Fax: 718-728-7206
http://www.neonshop.com  -  The Internet's Neon Shop
http://www.licweb.com  - The Long Island City Web