[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Temp Crayons

Hey Kenny, I tried the crayons for quite some time but I now use the paint on
version. I find it works much better as the crayons are so hard they don't put
much powder on the tube. Having come from a ceramics background we used to use
cones to indicate temperature because the theory was that the cones were also
affected by the time/temp. rule just as the pottery was. I find that the temp.
indicating paint is the most accurate as it is in direct contact and doesn't
cool the glass at the point of contact like a thermocouple clamp would. Of
course, if you had the money you would use one of those fancy IR direct reading
gauges but how much can you tech stuff to death anyway?

  E-mail from: Tom Biebel, 15-Feb-1996

               - Neoman

               - Plasma Graphics Neon