[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A quick note

On Fri, 6 Oct 1995 Planet9069@aol.com wrote:

> Hi. Howie
>
> >Hello John,
> >I spoke recently to a rep from the Philips Corp and he >indicated to me that
> they are currently testing a lead free >glass in Europe.  I had orginally
> called him to ask what can I >do to minimun the amount of lead vapors in the
> air during >welding.  He indicated to me that they are aware
> >of the concern and infact are working on a lead free glass >however they
> have not perfected the new compound.  I am not >sure they ever >will.  What
> do you think?
>
> >Howie Cohen
>
> What did the man say about the lead vapours? Sounds interesting let us know
> what info you can dig up. Especially for those of us who do not use a blow
> hose while bending and end up sucking on all the tubes.
>
> I have thought of going over to soda-lime for a while now. I am only 33, and
> really enjoy the art of neon. Switching to soda would take an adjustment. I
> want to bend until I am real old and cranky, I joke with my wife that she
> will find me "passed on" laying on the floor with a nice piece of scipt
> lettering in my hand, and the torches going.
>
> We need a European connection here!
>
> John Popadiuk
> http://navishow.web.aol.com/lab/p/planetdesign/axis/pgcovr.html

Very good John,
The rep at Phillips said that "Its a known hazard".  That's about it.  I
did offer to test any new compounds for the company as a "man in the
field" so to speak.  We will have to wait and see.  I will keep you and
the others posted on any news.
Have a good one.
Howie Cohen
ohbc@sunyit.edu