[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A quick note

On Tue, 3 Oct 1995 Planet9069@aol.com wrote:

> Hi.
>
> >I run a one man neon shop here in Utica, NY and am interested in safety
> >issues in the shop.  Mercury and Lead fume safety is of primary interest
> >to me at this point.  Do any of you share the same interest.
> >All for now
> >Howie Cohen
>

> I think all of us are concerned, I go and have my blood checked periodically
> for mercury. What can be done about blowing on hot leaded glass? Should we
> all switch to another type of glass?
>
> John Popadiuk

Hello John,
I spoke recently to a rep from the Philips Corp and he indicated to me
that they are currently testing a lead free glass in Europe.  I had
orginally called him to ask what can I do to minimun the amount of lead
vapors in the air during welding.  He indicated to me that they are aware
of the concern and infact are working on a lead free glass however they
have not perfected the new compound.  I am not sure they ever will.  What
do you think?
Howie Cohen