[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: pricing that neon stuff

>     I have been using modifications of the Neon pricing guide to come up
>with my pricing in general. I use a cost figure of $32,50/Hour for labor and
>1.67% on materials to double check a job to make sure I am OK on my pricing.
>If something takes more time than I was able to get on a per foot charge, I
>won't make the same mistake again by double checking my cost this way. I
>would be really interested in a program that would allow for different
>degrees of difficulty, more difficult glass, smaller more detailed work, etc.
> Looking forward to hearing more.....
>
>Don Stone (wallerneon@aol.com)

Here's where my pricing method miserably fails:   consider these two jobs -
both how long they would take you and how much material you would use:

1.  "INDIA" - clear red, 12" individual block letters w/ double backs

2.  "SASER" - coated green, 12" individual block ltrs w/ PK electrodes and long
     follow-backs

I come out with about double the time and triple the materials, but
according to my current pricing scheme, I charge the same.  This was just
an example off the top of my head.  It is often much more extreme,
especially on larger jobs.

    -John