[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Anybody tried "Neonics" e...

Haven't seen my replyon the list &  had some wierd mail stuff - so just want to
rehash my no vote for neonics from Canada.

There is another company
with the same spelling based in California that I have not found or
tried and there is a dimmer company called 'Neonix' which makes a good
product.

While the one I had performed adequately until it burned out,  it
took a year to get a replacement.  The effects are okay if you want
to use only one. I would prefer to see an effects transformer that
inputs digital or MIDI, etc.

Scientific Systems is inconsistent.  Bob Iannini is a good
engineer but production is the problem.  I've had a 12v 6kv model
which looks like a gigantic transistor, running every night in a show
for about a year now.  I'd like to see Bertonee produce something in
this range.  I find their products well produced.

They have a good scripting transformer though it does not have a wide
range of effects and it's pricey.

My favorite are the Tubelite flow units (I have two) which go back to the
1940s and use vacuum tubes.

Kenny

> >Yes, John, I have had a Neonix scripting transformer out in the field on one
> >of my signs for about 3 years and it's still going strong. can recommend it.
> >Jeff Golin
>
> You mean "Neonics," right?
>
>       -John

Kenny Greenberg --  Neon - Scenic and Environmental Art
                    Internet Site Consultant and Author
KRYPTON NEON 34-43 Vernon Blvd Long Island City, NY 11106
         Phone: 718-728-4450  Fax: 718-728-7206
http://www.neonshop.com  -  The Internet's Neon Shop
http://www.licweb.com  - The Long Island City Web