[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: milliamp meter, correction

You wrote:

>Howie,
>
>You may have been talking about a more sensitive gauge for loading
>transformers?
>
>A local shop here bought a Simpson 0-50 ma gauge for about 75 dollars,
and
>built the insulated case for it out of acrylic themselves.  I have
>borrowed it on occasion and it works quite well.  If this is cheaper
than
>you find elsewhere, let me know and I'll find out where he got it.
>
>     -John Anderson

I purchased an analog 0-50ma (AC) meter here in Denver at Gateway
surplus electronics for $6.95.  They also had some plastic project
boxes with a hole just right for the meter. I believe the boxes sold
for $5.95.  I am sure these aren't the highest quality meters, but they
are cheap and seemed to work OK for me.

I purchased one of each and had a set-up for under $15.  They had 3
meters left when I purchased mine about a month ago.

If you are interested, let me know and I can pick one up for you,
assuming they still have stock.

Jim Marshall