[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Lead free glass gets test

Hello all,
I just received my sample of lead free glass in several different sizes.
I really am pleased the way it bends.  It does seem, and maybe thats just
my first impression, that it is somewhat less forgiving if the glass is
not completely heated all around the tube.
I also tried a few experiments.  I really cranked up the gas and could
not get the thing to darken.  This observation was noted be several other
benders on the net here.  I haven't pumped any tubed made with this glass
but I can't imagine that it would pump any differently that lead glass.
Well, I think the jury is out at least in my eyes and I would hope that
the local supplier take the lead and stock up.  I called the local supply
company and asked if they have any of the new lead free clear glass in
stock.  One of the head sales reps said to me that "I thought all the
clear glass was lead free".  Do you think I should have clued him in?
I did!
Happy Vets Day!
Howie Cohen
Utica, NY