[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Jelly Beans ????

Kenny -

> Do you mean the little plasma whirlygig things that sort of look like
> several multicolored fans in a row and which gently spin at seemingly
> random rates?  Or are you talking about something else?

I've never seen what I'm talking  about, only been told about them by old
glassblowers.  There is a paddlewheel mounted sideways in the tube so the electron
stream will move it around.  Ralph from LTBN was fond of telling me about this
one.  I'd love to see one in action, though, and I'll bet Ben has one or will make
one.  I'll just bet he'd get a kick out of its being shown on the Internet.

> re: the hint - just an avi of Ben alone would be very entertaining.

Ben in general is very entertaining.  He totally cracks me up.  Last time I saw
him he was making a trip to UPS in Brookfield, CT, to their research facility, to
help them work out how to ship his stuff.  (I'm pretty sure that was the deal.)
He also planned a trip to the junkyards of the CT shoreline, he finds equipment
there...someone really should see if he has a computer!  He'd surely be a great
addition to this group, don't you think?

> For the rest of everyone - Ben is among the oldest living and still
> working neon makers and he is here in NYC. He is what I call a 'natural'.
> His knowledge and abilities are to me exactly on that fine line
> where art and science meet.

Plus he has his own electrode machines!  : )

BB

Follow-Ups: References: