[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: electronic transformers

--
Neon Tech is a local company. I've been there a few times.
They are mostly a high volume sign company (Pioneer Karaoke signs

They plant is pretty amazing. They have about a hundred automated
bombing/burn-in stations on a 2 story conveyor system. The only
manual intervention is the putting the units on the station and as it passes
by the gas transfer station.

I had the same problem with the transformers. too dim. I made the mistake
of selling a sign with one of those xformers to friend. It went next to a
Price club OPEN sign. Those OPEN signs are REALLY bright (Everbrite co.)
and mine looked way dim in comparison. The xformer construction and shape
is very similar to Neon Dynamics (although hopefully more dependable) as
they use them on their own high volume signs. (I ended up using a core
and coil to get more brightness and him mount it away from the ugly
OPEN sign).

They also make a nice 3 -3.5K electronic xformer. It's pretty high freq
so it doesn't squeal and lights reasonably bright for indoor signs. It
also doesn't bead much (like many of the tech200 units). It's a tad
large compared with the tech2000s, however, but reasonably priced.

--- Frank Varnell
--- Senior Software Engineer
--- XLNT Designs Inc. (XDI)
--- 15050 Avenue of Science