[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Enough Lurking!

Hello everyone!  My name is Garett Churchill, and after "lurking" for about
a month I've decided to make some time for a post.  I've belonged to news
groups like this one before, and it was usually customary to submit a bio
upon entry.  This goes quite a way to make things a little more personal on
such an impersonal medium.  It's only a suggestion...   BTW-does someone at
least have a roster?

Let me tell you a little bit about myself and what I intend to with neon.

Short history:  I taught myself to bend neon in the tenth grade, and had a
profitable business by the middle of my senior year.  (My first bombarder
was six 12/60's in parallel!)  I worked for a major sign company for 2
years, but was distracted by College for four and a half.  Now I have a
degree in Philosophy, and I'm back into neon.  Don't ask.

I'll have to be vague about my future plans, as they are still in limbo.
(i.e., I don't want to be fired just yet from my present job!)  I
do believe that the future of neon depends on quality--as such I will have
several large gas-fired annealing kilns built.  I will make use of RFI
heaters, when I find one for less than 6 grand!  And lastly, my neon room
will be ventilated by HEPA air filters and exhaust hoods.  And believe it or
not, it will be cost-effective!

Enough about me (and my fantasy land).  I look forward to exchanging ideas.

Yours,

Garett Churchill
Garett@adnc.com