[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hydrogen Outgassing

Dear Jeff,
I'am glad to see that my "PORES" translation was correct, as again my dictionair
could not help me in this matter.
The answer is "Yeas Jeff", during the fabrication procede the glass (I mean the
melt) is at that time inhaling enormously the hydrogen (along with oxygen) into
the to fabricated glass. So the system of trying to force the tube to outgas
more is a good system. One can do that several ways, using several systems, but
for sure the oven method (I know you are using a handtorch) is a good system to
produce proper neontubes that will not reduce light within a few weeks as I did
read last week from your comments. I must be onhoust to you and tell that we
have not ever (never) this phenomenom her in the Low Lands.
Best from dirk a. boonstra