[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

My first bending experience!

        Well, yesterday I attended my first session of a workshop with
David Van Arsdale in Seattle.  After waiting 20 years to get started
bending neon, all I can say MAN, I LOVE IT!  Sure, it'll take thousands
of hours to bend stuff that's presentable and, yeah, I burnt the *$&%^#
out of the thumb and two fingers on my left hand, but it was great!  This
is something I can already tell will be something I enjoy the rest of
my life.

        After several months planning and reading I've finished
figuring out how to do the bending table setup for the space I have.
I've got some equipment lined up, and some is on order that should
arrive next week.  MANY THANKS to everyone on the list that has
answered my public and private questions!  I'm sure there will be
plenty more as I start hooking everything up and spend my evenings
practicing...  8^)=

| My aunt said spaceship guard was a good career         | Al Hooton          |
| for a young Vogon -- you know, the uniform, the        |                    |
| low-slung stun ray holster, the mindless tedium...     | al@teleport.com    |
|                                                        | 503.591.7324 voice |
|     "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", Douglas Adams  | 503.591.7955 fax   |