[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: small tube filling pressures

Dear Jeff,
Reading your questions on the list I think that I can give you this short reply.
Not that I want to have the answer short as I are promising you that I will come
back to you on the list within a week (and I always keep my promises so it will
be in the weekend) because I cannot answer all your questions in a few minutes.
You know I am Dutch (only one time not double) and I want to answer you, and the
other readers of the list, in proper English. (Don't smile, at least I always
try the best I can to explane myself in a way to make my points clear. I never
had the intention to reply as a wise guy, or whatever) As I think that your
fieuw how to load a neontransformer properly is common to me I will produce some
remarks to it some manufacturers are not happy with. For sure I think where the
problems are and why some brands of transformers must be choosen to a higher
output voltage compared with other brands. Jeff, neon is pure physics, called
low pressure mercury discharge, and nobody on earth can change these physical
laws. When manufacturers (for instance neon transformer manufacturers) are
changing physical laws trying to make more profit on the short term, they are
misleading their buyers and should be therefore going out of business. Because
what is happening, you ( I say you I don't mean you especially but all these
other guys more) they have the problems thing that they buy a proper product
that could do MORE TUBING OR WHATEVER. Come on, where is the power coming from.
Not one transformer can do more tubing and if you (or somebody else ) do beleve
that, WHERE IS THE GD POWER COMING FROM?
Is there an inbuild perpetuem mobile (if that's well written I'am lucky and I'am
to lazy at the moment to look into my lexicon) .
Nobody can produce a neontransformer WHO CAN DO MORE TUBING. The only thing that
is happening is that the original laws of physics, produced in a very close
range, are deliberet changinged to alevel that is unacceptable.
Answering your g questioning asking. G factor stand for the comparising of the
operating voltage devided by the open voltage.
So if the identification plate of your transformer is telling you 10 kV and the
g factor is 0.5 (I am learing your point is our European comma) the coresponding
operating voltage of that neon transormer while producing it's nominal effective
secundairy current (I2) is 5 kV, so halve of the open voltage. A neontransformer
is never, never producing it's open voltage when the tube is on. I mean that
there is a light output. The open voltage is only produced when the tube is off
and that's in your mains 120 times a second and only will be used (the open
voltage) to reignite the tube. The  guy from Alisson was producing good numbers,
I only am extremely surprised why he did not was answering my questions. Is that
a big secret overthere. If so I will produce all the numbers on the net how to
produce a proper neon transformer including core squires and the amount of
winding you need for the primary and the secundary together with the diameters
of the wire.
I did not still answered your question about strayfield, CT and CTI, beleve me
Jeff, I will produce that information this weekend. Are you willing to know the
reason why I can do that in the weekend. NO? Still I will give you the answer. I
never NEVER watch TV as I thing that watching TV makes imbecils of people only
by looking to common programs.
Come to you back soon with more detailed information, but if replying myself,
don't blaime me.
Best from dirk.