[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Glassbower's glasses info

Kenny,

> My guess is that you would have had a problem by now.  Glassblowers
> cataracts have been attributed to exposure to direct heat - that combined
> with other free-radical promoting agents in the shop - mercury, lead
> particles, fluorescent powders, etc and genetic predisposition

Aside from some minor changes in vision I haven't noticed anything...so I guess
I'm ok.  No cataracts, anyway.  My glasses definately shielded my eyes from lots
of heat, but my eyes did get some heat in the normal course of things as well.
Probably not nearly what I'd have had without them, tho.

> Now brain damage caused by our bizarre preoccupation with high vacuums,
> inert gas, mid point grounding, etc. that's a whole other thing. :-)

Shhhhhhh.....don't tell anyone.....<evil grin>

BB