[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: No mail manifolds

Don. Great idea. I've been using Chem Glass parts for about 7 years to make
my manifolds. My most recent design incorporates the new 20mm valve. Pretty
good but not sure its worth it. The 12mm worked a little better and I did not
see a great increase in the ultimate vacuum. I could fax you my design if you
want to see it. In my opinion a manifold built in the shop is the best. If it
breaks you fix it in 20min and your back in business. This also goes for
beginners. There is nothing wrong with soft glass stopcocks if there properly
maintained. I believe that well processed tubes are still 80% operator and
20% equipment.