[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: blowers

> Anyone got advice for a small (moveable), quiet, inexpensive blower and
> where to get it? Quiet being the most important feature.
> I am going to set up a couple of propane fires in my garage as it's
> just getting too crowded down at school.

Frank,

The only device that comes close to all your criterion is a small
regenerative blower.  Basically a precision-balanced vacuum cleaner motor
with an induction motor.

I shopped around feverently before buying a Gast R7 for about 500 bucks.
One moving part.  Look for such at sellers of air compressors.  WW
Grainger sells the Fuji brand, but I concluded they were less blow for the
buck than Gast.

For one set of fires, you could no doubt get by with a smaller unit than
the R7, for a bit less money - but I really believe regenerative blowers
are the only way to go.  My .02.

  -John