[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Diffusion confusion (was Re: JEOL Vacuum pumps)

>At 03:42 PM 4/6/1996 +0100, marcus@ttphysik.uni-duisburg.de wrote:
>>>
>>>         Has anybody on the list got any experience with vacuum pumps
>>> manufactured by a place called Japan Electronoptics?
>
>>Dear Al,
>>I am using one from Japan Electron Optics Ltd. ,
>
>        Marcus, thanks for the info on the vacuum pump.  I am now
>the owner of a JEOL 2-stage 75 lpm mechanical pump...
>
>        ...and, a stainless steel metal diffusion pump manufactured
>by Consolidated Vacuum Corporation, model VMF-10.  This diffusion
>pump appears to be *identical* to one pictured on page 60 of the
>Blazek book "Neon: the Next Generation", except the fittings on

>        Also, I need to soak this will solvent to make sure it's
>clean before I fill it with new oil -- any suggestions?
>
>        Thanks!

        Al, I have had good results using using Methylene Chloride as a
grease/oil remover for such jobs as the final cleaning of ground glass
stopcocks, diffusion pumps etc. It is the watery type of acrylic
cement/solvent. Trade name 'IPS WELD ON' - IPS Corp. 17109 S. Main St.
Gardena, CA 90248
        Do NOT use the stuff around plastic, rubber etc. as it is a super
thinner and will dissolve or damage these.
Phil Smith
Concept Neon Ltd.
(604) 270-3934
psmith@pro.net